Saturday, March 21, 2009

Someone's Coming Home

Mom's on her way up the 5 and I lie here on the couch with ice on my foot, the dogs at my side - and we'll stay here and patiently await the arrival of the fifth member of our family.  I don't think Bakersfield worked out quite as well as the "experts" expected... and we're not in the place of recognition I was hoping for him when these 2 months were over.  And now they're over, and we move on.  Dad is no doubt different... but how different remains to be seen.  Having him gone has made me miss him more than ever, and pushed me to accept that he will no longer ever be the Dad I had before June 27th.  That's the hardest thing to accept.  I fear typing it because once you write something down it becomes reality in a way.  So now I know, whoever Mom brings home, is sort of a mystery, and only time will tell how close this person will become to being that remarkable father I have in my memories.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Honey - We are all praying for your dad and your mom and you!!! When you think the time is right, I would love to come and visit you all. Maybe bring some dinner. Stay strong sweetheart!
    Love, Auntie Judy

    ReplyDelete