Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

yet another holiday meant to set oneself up for disappointment.  I didn't expect to kiss a boy this year -- it would have been nice, no doubt, reeeal nice, but I haven't really put myself out there enough recently to garner a valentine -- I've been a little preoccupied.  This whole Dad drama sure put a damper on my social life, not just timewise, but effort-wise.  Geographically, I'm separated again from social circles I used to frequent on any given weeknight or weekend.  Emotionally, I've stayed so involved with my Dad and Mom that I've fallen out of touch with people and out of practice in what it takes to muster up the energy to go out and be in a crowd.  It is quite exhausting, even in a normal living situation.   And I miss that - I miss seeing my wonderful variety of friends every other night.  And I guess what I'm getting at in this is that I need to start to step it up again - I need to take full advantage of the next 5 weeks of freedom - and make the effort more, and immerse myself in my old circles again, and get back in the social groove, because it's truly re-energizing.  (I can do it alone... but it helps with a little push! :)

I spent today finishing up my grad school auditions - which went surprisingly well and were truly encouraging and inspiring.  Both the auditioners from USC and UCI were so gracious and kind, I felt so comfortable, and I honestly feel like I did a pretty good performance.  My fellow auditionees were extremely cool as well - not your typical annoying dark, heavy breathing, persistant stretching, voice tuning, competetive theatre crowd you often can be immersed with in these situations - but these people were really down to earth and lovely.  It was an all around good vibe all day - my confidence was rockin' to the point that I almost asked this cute boy Brian that I chatted with while waiting in the wings what he was doing for V-day tonight... but I'm just not quite that bold yet. :)  baby steps, Anne.  baby steps.  

I came home to sweet, Jenny.  We cuddled on the couch.  My little furry valentine.  Meanwhile - up the 5 somewhere in Bakersfield, Mom, Dad, and Sarah were at Black Angus sharing a most unique Valentine's Day dinner.  I wished I could join them.  But I'll be heading up tomorrow morning with Jenny - to meet Mom and Melvin at the Double Tree for the rest of the weekend. Everyone sounded exceptionally positive over the phone this evening... Mom said she sees something happening... changing... the wheels are really turning, and it's different.  I can't wait to get there and see for myself, and it's only been three weeks... five more to go.
 
I can tell my brain is tired.  But I wanted to send little words of love out on this Valentine's Day.  love to my family, love to my friends, love to my dogs, love to my acquaintances, love to my readers, love to those around me, love to those around them, love to those who make chocolate, love to those who make wine, love to those who make theatre, love to those who heal people, love to those who research brains, love to those who caretake, love to those who clean, love to those who give, love to those who make a difference, love to those who help, love to those who understand, love to those that sacrifice, love to those who take risks, love to those who motivate, love to those who play, love to those who take pictures, love to those who take time, love to those who sing, love to those who hug, love to those who reach out... love to those who love.  I think that covers everyone. xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment