Wednesday, January 7, 2009

JENN-AYY!

Don't you just channel Forest Gump when you read that? "JENN-AY!!!!" I just want to yell it from our porch step on Royal Blvd. Because Jenny, is coming to live with the Nemers. Yep! We found, I do believe, the one. The one little furry companion that will complete our new way of living. She's a small, furry, white, half terrior-half labrador (hah! I know what you're thinking.) Her job - to be Daddy's girl. It's indescribable the way he lights up when there's that unconditional love and attention only a dog can provide. Now - you're probably thinking, what about Melvin?!!! Okay. It is only truly because of Melvin's heart and actions that I believe additional dog-love will bring my Dad more joy. If we could clone Melvin, and maybe shrink him a bit, and make him stop eating mud, that would be ideal. Because Melvin is a true wonder and soul-mate. Once, when Mom and I were at the end of our chain, pissed at Dad for being pissed at himself and being so unbelievably stubborn and selfish, we were standing in the doorway of the bedroom, arms crossed, anger fuming, Dad laid in the bed - unbudgable - fending off our tense energy - there was Melvin, who crawled half-way up on the bed and stretched his paws across Dad's chest, then laid his head below Dad's chin - protecting his master from our fierceness. My mom turned to me and said, "okay -- we've clearly gone too far." Melvin - this amazing protector, endless companion and friend, is absolutely irreplaceable. And it's my Dad's attachment and yearning for his companionship that makes me think - well, the more the merrier! So my motto is, double the dog, double the joy, double the happiness, lessen the pain, lessen the stress, ease reality. welcome, Jenny!

No comments:

Post a Comment