Wednesday, January 14, 2009

one shoe

Ahhhhhh!!! I just saw it! One of the most rare and precious phenomenons that only ever occurs in the quiet late hours of the night when no one is paying attention. Melvin and one shoe. Sometimes in the Nemer house, you'll wake up in the morning and find one shoe by your bedside - and you wonder, "hhhmm... where's the other one?" then you remember you kicked them off downstairs by the couch. And the only explanation is Melvin. His sweet little habit of sneaking one shoe of yours upstairs and dropping it by your bedside. I just let him out to do his business before bedtime and as I was heading up the stairs I heard him at his water bowl. I sit down here at the computer by the top of the stairs, and then I see him come around the corner, one of my grey boots hanging from his mouth. He never chews, he never bites, he just carries it - and puts it down for you. what a strange, special little habit, don't you think? What in Melvin's little brain triggers him to see a shoe and carry it up with him before bedtime? It just makes you wonder.



this story probably doesn't read half as adorable as witnessing the acutal event. but I had started to write an annoying, whiney, blog and who wants to hear that when I can discuss my dog's shoe fetish.

No comments:

Post a Comment