Monday, January 5, 2009

ohhh Lexapro...

It's amazing how a little laughter and silliness can wash away a whole day of drama. I just tucked dad in and Mom and I persuaded him to take his medications - my approach was singing songs about them.
this was my first hit: sung to no particular melody
no heart attack pills, no heart attack pills, Dad's gotta take his no heart attack pills, thump thump thump thump.

this cracked a smile, and a little humor back at me. "you go thump thump thump" as he reached his arms out of the covers and thumped on my heart, then tickled my ribs. It was a perfect little giggle fest. Then, since notably not all the pills are for his heart, there's that one lovely little one called Lexapro that when working, defends off some of Dad's aggressive inclinations. We love this pill. so I sang (in replace of the words from James Taylor's Mexico)
Ohhh Lexapro, you're just so sweet we thought you should know. ohhhhh ohhhh ohhhhhhh Lexapro, we sure do love you right now.

no need to document the drama, lets just end on a happy note. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment